Brian Clauss is an arbitrator and mediator
of labor and employment disputes from
Park Ridge, Illinois. He serves on a number
of arbitration rosters including:
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- American Arbitration Association
- National Mediation Board
- National Railroad Adjustment Board
He also serves on numerous local arbitration
rosters and permanent arbitration panels.
He began his legal career as a prosecutor in
Cook County, Illinois and later represented Cook County in labor
and employment matters.
He is a member of the National Academy of Arbitrators and is the Regional Chair for
the Central Midwest Region.
Brian is also a frequent lecturer at local, national and international continuing legal
education events. He has presented numerous training programs, webinars, and
workshops for many groups, bar associations and organizations.
Brian is a frequent author on a variety of legal topics. A complete listing of his recent
publications can be found at the Lecturing & Publishing tab.
In addition to his dispute resolution practice, Brian is also the Executive Director of the
Veterans Legal Support Center at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago – a pro bono
legal clinic that provides assistance to veterans in VA benefit appeals. His civic and
professional activities include:
- Labor & Employment Relations Association Board of Directors, Chicago chapter
- North Suburban Bar Association Board of Directors
- Lake Forest College Alumni Board
- Lutheran General Hospital Oncology Advisory Board
Arbitrator Mediator & Attorney
|Arbitration and Mediation of
Labor and Employment Disputes